Register here today
Register before May 15 to have your boat Name appear on the CSA T Shirt.
The mission of the Cleveland Sailing Association, (CSA) is to increase activity in sailboat racing in the Greater
Cleveland Area. Member club’s regattas are combined into a Series for an overall competition. This gives racing
teams an opportunity to travel to other clubs and sail in a wider variety of races while enjoying the hospitality and
camaraderie of the Cleveland sailing community. The Governing Authority is the Cleveland Sailing Association.
The Advantages of the CSA:
· CSA entrants are granted dockage included (Wednesday to Wednesday) at host regattas.
· Registration discounts for CSA Boat of the Year designated events (except CYC Leukemia Cup)
· A chance to participate in the Cleveland Cup – CSA’s Invitational Race.
CSA scores and awards five series. Boats are encouraged to participate in multiple series. A single $35 registration
fee allows eligibility in all CSA series.
· Boat of the Year (BOTY) Series for PRHF, JAM, and One-Design fleets
· Women’s Series
· Double Handed Series
· <35 (years of age) Series (Club Junior Member Category)
· South Shore Cruising Series
BOTY (Boat of the Year)
The BOTY is the most prestigious and lengthy CSA Series. It encourages participation in all club regattas that are
designated CSA events.
· EYC JAM Regatta (JAM only)
· Mentor Harbor Yachting Club Regatta (MHYC)
· Cleveland Race Week (EYC) – also scored in South Shore
· Lakeside Regatta (LYC) – Sun also scored in South Shore
· Princess Pat Trophy Race (FCYC) – also scored in South Shore
· Leukemia Cup (CYC)
· Grand River Sailing Club Regatta (GRSC)
WOMEN’S, DOUBLE HANDED and <35 (years old)
Women’s crews are raced with an all women crew with an optional owner representative on board that cannot
participate helming or crewing the boat. An <35 crew is a crew all aged under 35 that must have owner representative
that can optionally helm the boat. Double Handed races are for yachts that are crewed by 2 people. Races are
contested prior to the main regatta or as modified by the event sailing instructions. CSA scores these series at the
· Cleveland Race Week (EWYC)
· Lakeside Regatta (LYC)
· Princess Pat Friday Race (FCYC)
· Leukemia Cup (CYC)
SOUTH SHORE CRUISING
This series is designed to encourage point-to-point racing without requiring a yacht to travel long distances or toparticipate in races beyond their ability due to distance or weather. The South Shore Cruising Series is open to anyboat participating in CSA. The Series includes 7 longer, point-to-point races. The seven races comprising the South
Shore Cruising Series are:
· Indigo (MHYC)
· Cleveland Race Week (EYC) – Thursday and Friday, 1 each evening, also scored in BOTY Series
· Roberts Race (CYC)
· Mcarty / Gulden Cup (LYC) – Part of Lakeside Regatta, in BOTY Series
· Princess Pat Trophy Race (FCYC) - also scored in BOTY Series
· Falcon Cup (CYC to MHYC)