...Register here today
PHRF, JAM, and One-Design fleets will be recognized for all Series. The following rules apply to all fleets:
A) Any fleet may be divided into sub-fleets for scoring purposes.
B) All handicap racing will be sailed using PHRF handicap system, as selected by the host Club of each Regatta.
C) A single registration includes entry to the Boat of the Year Championship (BOTY), South Shore Cruising Series, the Women’s, Jr., Double Handed Series, and ‘<35’ years of age.
D) All fleets must have at least 4 registered yachts. If 4 yachts are not registered within each fleet, the registered yachts will be given the option of moving to an alternate fleet (PHRF, JAM, 1D) to achieve the 4-yacht minimum. However if the minimum of 4 yachts is not met, prior to the start of a series, that series, or fleet within a series will be abandoned and all fees refunded, if not participating in another series.
A) Eligible yachts shall complete a valid entry by returning the attached form to the CSA with the entry fee. Entries may be made on-line at clevelandsails.com.
B) Regatta authorities shall dictate scoring and ratings.
C) Fleet splits will be made based on the valid entries as of the first scored regatta.
D) Yachts with valid entries received up to June 20th will be scored in all CSA Series counting races in which they participated, including retro-actively scored for races in which they participated.
A) Scoring for a series shall be according to the current Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS), the prescriptions of US Sailing, and this Notice of Race (NOR) and any amendments thereto.
B) RRS rule A2 is modified to allow discards as detailed section F, G and K of “Scoring” below.
- One Race constitutes a series. Series dates, events and counters are attached as part of this NOS.
- A race will be scored if one or more CSA yachts participate in a scheduled event.
C. All racing will be scored using the low point system.
- All racing will be scored using the corrected finish times from the individual event results.
E. Boats completing valid entries after Cleveland Race Week will be scored DNC for all races sailed prior to the date their valid entry was received. This modifies RRS rules A4.2 and A9.
- For all Series, when there are multiple races on a given day in a regatta, only the first of the maximum number of races on the dates specified for each respective regatta will be counted, less total CSA Series discards. If the number of races is different between sub-fleets, the earliest for a date, minimum number of races across a fleet will be scored.
- Discards are factored as follows for BOTY, Women’s, Jr. and Double Handed: 16 of 23 or 24, 15 of 22, 14 of 20 or 21, 13 of 19, 12 of 17 or 18, 11 of 16, 10 of 15 or 14, 9 of 13, 8 of 12 or 11, 7 of 10 or 9 or 8. If less than 8 races are scored, there shall be no throw-outs. This modifies RRS rule A2.
- The South Shore Cruising Series will count a yacht’s best 4 scores.
- All CSA classes within a fleet must sail the same course and distance for a race to be scored for the overall (fleet) standings. Also, class results will be scored for CSA if all boats in that class sail the same course and distance in that race.
- Penalty Points: DNC: # of CSA boats that Started + 3. This modifies RRS rules A4.2 & A9.
Presentation of Awards
Series award winners will be announced following the final event of the season for that series. Presentation to award winners will take place after the Cleveland Cup race.
Boat of the Year Championship Awards
There will be first, second, and third place awards for each fleet and any classes with 5 or more boats registered. Only first and second place awards will be presented for any fleet or class with only four boats registered. Awards are as follows:
PHRF Overall - Gus Austin Trophy for Cleveland Boat-of-the-Year
JAM Overall - The Cleveland Sailing Association JAM Boat of the Year
One-Design – The Cleveland Boat-of-the-Year One-Design for each 1D fleet
Women’s, Double Handed, and <35 Series Awards
There will be first, second, and third place awards for each class with 5 or more boats registered. Only first and second place awards will be presented for any fleet or class with only three or four boats registered.
South Shore Cruising Awards
There will be first, second, and third place awards for each class with 5 or more boats registered. Only first and second place awards will be presented for any fleet or class with only four boats registered.
Cleveland Sailing Association Club of the Year
Awarded to the club with the lowest combined overall total points scored for any three Spinnaker Fleet yachts registered under that club for the series.
Sportsperson of the Year
The CSA Board chooses this award based on submitted nominations. This award shall be given to the nominee that best typifies the spirit of good sportsmanship and Corinthian sailing during the season.